Francesca Caloni – Università degli Studi di Milano, Department of Environmental Science and Policy, Milan
- Full Professor,Department of Environmental Science and Policy (ESP), Università degli Studi di Milano
- 2005-2011 Board member of the Italian Association of in vitro Toxicology, Celltox
- 2008-2016 Board Member of the European Society of in vitro Toxicology, ESTIV
- 2009-Appointment as EFSA expert in the FEEDAP Panel on Feed Additives and Contaminants (from 06/2009 to 01/2010)
- 2012-present Associate Editor of Frontiers in Pharmacology, Frontiers in Predictive Toxicology
- 2012- Expert in Coordinating Group of the Center for Alternative Methods, Laboratory Animal Welfare and Care
- 2013-present Board Member of IPAM, Italian Platform on Alternative Methods
- 2013-present Member of the ‘Advisory Board of the Center for Alternatives to Animal Testing-EU (CAAT-EU)
- 2015-2018 President of the Italian Association of in Vitro Toxicology, Celltox
- 2016-2017 Member of the Steering Committee for the European Platform for Laboratory Animals Science
- 2016-present Associate Editor of Frontiers in Veterinary Science, Open access
- 2015-present Member of the Ethical Commitee University of Milan
- 2018-present Past President of the Italian Association of in Vitro Toxicology, Celltox
- Pubblications: https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=6603565370
Download the abstract (PDF file): not available yet
Isabella De Angelis– Environment and Health Department, Istituto Superiore di Sanità, Rome
Isabella De Angelis, graduated in Biological Sciences, is researcher at the Department of Environment and Health of the Italian National Institute of Health (Istituto Superiore di Sanità, ISS).
Her research interests are focused on the application of cell culture in toxicology, covering both aspects of screening of toxic molecules as well as their action mechanisms, with particular attention to the absorption processes of chemicals and nanoparticles through the epithelial barriers. She has been involved in National and European projects on in vitro toxicology and on regulatory acceptance of in vitro methods.
She also carries out a significant dissemination activity on 3Rs principle and on application of in vitro methods in many institutional courses organized by ISS, University, Local Authorities and Scientific Societies. She was President of the Italian Association of In Vitro Toxicology (2006-2011), member as 3Rs expert of the ecopa’s board (2008-2011) and since 2012, she is President of the Italian Platform for Alternative Methods.
Download the abstract (PDF file): DEANGELIS
Paola Fossati – Università degli Studi di Milano, Milan
Assistant Professor at the Department of Health, Animal Science and Food Safety, University of
Milan. Degree in Veterinary Medicine, Specialization in Pathology and clinic of companion animals, Specialization in Veterinary Law and Legislation, Master in Scientific communication.
Lecturer of Veterinary Legal Medicine and Legislation, Animal Protection and Professional Ethics (since 2006).
Fields of research: animal law at national and EU level, and ethical issues for the law concerning human-animal relationships and animal food production; animal law issues that impact veterinary medicine; regulatory aspects and bioethical issues concerning animal research; veterinary forensics; ethical issues in Animal Assisted Intervention; case law.
Member of several scientific and ethics committees in the fields of animal law, veterinary ethics, research ethics, biodiversity.
Experience in coordinating and teaching to Advanced Educational Courses in the area of EU animal welfare and food policy, in the area of human-animal relationship, and in the area of veterinary forensics.
External expert for EU COST Actions in the field of veterinary science, bioethics, animal ethics. Collaboration in the production of the draft bill “Provisions for the protection of animals and the Civil Code” (2008) with the Italian Parliament’s Intergroup for Animals.
Since 2017, role of Garante per la tutela degli animali del Comune di Milano (Head of the animal protection agency of the Milan municipality).
Author of books and articles in the fields of research.
Download the abstract (PDF file): FOSSATI
Gianfranco Mormino – Department of Philosophy,Università degli Studi di Milano, Milan
Gianfranco Mormino, born in 1962 in Milan (Italy), is Full Professor of Ethics at the University of Milan, where he teaches History of ethics and Human-Animal Studies. He’s a member of the teaching staff of the PhD at the University of Milan and director of the on-line philosophical magazine «Balthazar». He organised conferences in Milan, Paris, Los Angeles, Bordeaux and London and has been visiting professor in Lyon, Nijmegen and Paris. He is scientific member of the Ethical Committee of the University of Milan.
Last published books
● Storia della filosofia morale, Raffaello Cortina, Milano 2020.
● Dalla predazione al dominio. La guerra contro gli animali, Edizioni Libreria Cortina, Milano 2017 [coauthored with R. Colombo and B. Piazzesi].
● Per una teoria dell’imitazione, Raffaello Cortina, Milano 2016.
● Spazio, corpo e moto nella filosofia naturale del Seicento, Mimesis, Milano-Udine 2012.
● René Girard. Il confronto con l’Altro, Carocci, Roma 2012
Download the abstract (PDF file): MORMINO
Marco Pedrazzi – Department of International, Legal, Historical and Politcal Studies, Università degli Studi di Milano, Milan-President of the Etichs Commitee, Università degli Studi di Milano
Full Professor (“professore ordinario”) of International Law, Department of International, Legal, Historical and Political Studies, Faculty of Political, Economic and Social Sciences, Milan State University, since October 2001; presently teaching International Law and International Law of Armed Conflict.
Chairman of the Academic Council, Bachelor degree in International Politics, Law and Economics, Milan State University, since November 2019.
Chairman of the Ethics Committee, Milan State University, since November 2015.
Professor of International Law, Master in Diplomacy, Istituto per gli Studi di Politica Internazionale (ISPI), Milan, since 1992.
Member of the Editorial Board of the journal Diritti umani e diritto internazionale (Il Mulino, Bologna).
Lecturer in various Italian and foreign universities.
Member of the European Centre for Space Law (ECSL); lecturer at most Summer courses on Space Law and Policy, organised by the ECSL, and hosted by various European Universities, since 2006; judge, European Rounds, Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court Competition, 2015 (Belgrade) and 2017 (Helsinki).
Member of the International Law Association (ILA), Space Law Committee, the Sanremo International Institute of Humanitarian Law (IIHL), the Italian Society of International Law (SIDI); member of the Council, Italian Society of International Organization (SIOI) – Lombardy branch; vice president, Jura Hominis, Italian branch of the International Commission of Jurists.
Download the abstract (PDF file): PEDRAZZI
Yula Sambuy – Council for AgriculturalResearch and Economics (CREA) Research Centre for Food &Nutrition, Rome
She holds a B.Sc. in Human Biology and a PhD in Biochemistry from London University and a degree in Biological Sciences from the University of Rome “La Sapienza”.
For many years her research work was focused on the development and optimization of human intestinal and hepatic cell culture models for absorption, metabolism and toxicity of drugs, nutrients and food contaminants, as alternative methods to the use of animals in basic and toxicological research. She has also been interested in the mechanisms involved in the alteration of epithelial tight junctions as early indicators of the toxic effects of micronutrients (in particular Fe, Cu and Zn) in the diet. More recently she has been involved in projects investigating the effects of bioactive molecules, polyphenols and peptides, from plant-derived foods and their protective role in dysmetabolic and inflammatory conditions.
Download the abstract (PDF file): SAMBUY